Monday, July 25, 2011

So what's up with Michelle Wasden Photography?

Long over due is a little explanation...

Those who know me well, know that I am an at-home mom to my girls with a "hands on" style. My girls want to interact with me each day and I feel I am my best teacher and guide to them as I spend time with them. Parenting is a subtle art; a gentle yet specific response given in the moment to a thoughtless comment can be enough to guide a kid to a better choice. Besides, they are pretty cool to hang out with! I don't want to miss it.

I am now also working with the teenaged girls and their leaders of our church. It isn't something I ever thought I would be asked to do, but I deeply believe in the importance of supporting our teenagers and helping them to make choices that will bless their lives. The position is called "Stake Young Women's President" and includes 11 congregations spanning central New Jersey.

Photography has been something that while I take my quality and customer service very seriously, I haven't had to rely on it to meet our families' needs. It gives me a sense of security when my husband travels. Where I used to worry about how I would support the family if his plane went down, now I know I have a little business that with a price increase and perhaps some staff has the potential to support us.

Why do I include this here? Because while I have consistently worked, I have had to simplify...which means less blogging and less posting and now less sessions. This fall, I won't have the time to as many sessions I have done in the past. I hope that those who have their heart set on fun, relaxed sessions will book early so we can secure your slot.

And for those that wonder why you aren't seeing my work? I'd love to promise that I'll get caught up and blog the fabulous clients I've had this year including sassy families, a dancing twin, A high-school football star with a heart of gold, green bean newborn, and many more, but this sneak peak from the Manhattan wedding last weekend will have to do.